83

Brazil (Rio mint), 400 reis, Joao V, 1734-R, encapsulated NGC MS 62, finest known in NGC census, ex-

Currency:USD Category:Coins & Paper Money / World Coins - Gold Start Price:2,000.00 USD Estimated At:2,000.00 - 3,500.00 USD
Brazil (Rio mint), 400 reis, Joao V, 1734-R, encapsulated NGC MS 62, finest known in NGC census, ex-
SOLD
Sign In To View Winning Bid
This item SOLD at 2014 May 01 @ 10:58UTC-4 : AST/EDT
All items are genuine unless noted. Most shipwreck coins and artifacts come with a certificate of authenticity (please check the description for each item). By bidding in this auction you understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions posted here.
Brazil (Rio mint), 400 reis, Joao V, 1734-R, encapsulated NGC MS 62, finest known in NGC census, ex-Norweb. Russo-198; KM-152. Despite its diminutive size, this one-year Rio type is an iconic piece under Joao V in gold. With beautiful, bright luster all around, this coin exhibits choice inner details and nice rims for about 80% of its circumference, the remaining 20% plagued with a strange mint-flaw (lacuna) that is decidedly natural and not damage. Superb condition and desirable pedigree. Pedigreed to Norweb Collection (Christie's, March 1997, lot #686